Monday, July 27, 2009

Who Is On Your Counsel?

I'm sure you have people in your life that you look up to or take knowledge from their experience...but have you ever thought seriously about what they might advise you to do in any given situation? I have. I was introduced to this idea by Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich. He suggests that you create a panel of experts, dead or alive, that you know enough about to surmise what they might do or advise you to do in a given situation. I love this! The idea not only gives you an opportunity to research and learn about other's who have succeeded, but it changes the way you think about your current situation or dilemma.

Do you have imaginary counsel that you can talk to about what you want, what you could do, or just share your happy thoughts with? If not, maybe you can think about who you would put in your mind to have on your team. I have Napoleon Hill, Oprah, Jack Canfield, and more on my team in my mind. I ask my question and imagine what any one of my team would advise me to do. It really creates a different line of thinking when you are looking for clarity or answers. Let me know what you think of this idea! Have a great week and make something special happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment