Monday, July 20, 2009

They're Here!

The shipment of gloves came on Thursday. I wanted to share the news on Friday but I've been in "schedule is jam packed" hell! Laughing! It's really not so terrible, but when I don't have time to write, I get a little crabby.

I knew the shipment was coming, but when it arrived, it was a box that was surrounded by white light! I think I even heard angels singing. Okay, no white light or singing angels, but it was a moment that deserved some recognition. After all, it's not everyday that you stand in your hall way with a box that holds your first retail ready product. Think about all the ideas you've had in your life and how many of them you've seen through to creation. Most people will tell you they've never done it. This is my first shot at bringing a product to market, and here they are!

I called Dave before I opened the box and asked him if he wanted me to wait until he got home. Being the nice guy that he is, and knowing me so well, he said, "No, you can't wait. Open the box." He said the words you can't wait in the context of "you" being a general reference, when in fact, he knows me and knows I CAN'T WAIT! Think about the friends episode where Monica is waiting for Chandler to get home so they can open their wedding gifts and in her impatience, he comes home to every one of them opened! Yes, that's me.

I opened the box while Dave was still on the phone and I have to tell you, it was a moment that transformed this project from something cool that we're working on, to a real business venture. Holding gloves on hang tags in my hand for the first time was something special. Even Dave has been bumped up to the next level in planning after holding the product.

If you can dream it, you can have the box of it on your hall way floor, too! Laughing! Start! Start figuring out how to make it. If I did this, you can do it, whatever your "it" is. Tania's making hers happen, Sally is well on her way, and Ginelle is as well! One of many things we all have in common is that we took that first step! You ladies inspire me and I hope my news today inspires you as well! Happy Monday and welcome to a new week!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy, Kathy!

    It is very exciting and inspiring:-)

    I believe there was a white light, kind of like the glow there is when you look at your children.

    I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete