Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What Do You Do When You Have A Lull?

You know, the time when you finished one thing but can't start the next step yet? It always feels a little strange when I ramp up, work hard, and finish a task to find that there's nothing to do until...fill in the blank.

For ZBG, the blank is, until it's time to start working on our trade show booth for ABC kids in September. We are working on it in terms of tossing around ideas, but no solid "to do's" yet. I'm also waiting on our glove order to put together samples for retailers like Sports Authority.

There is certainly aways something to do, but there are also those times when you just have to wait. I can hear Tania now, "Wait, wait for what? I'm working on invention #352 while I wait on colors from Asia for #176, and bendy wire from Mark for #267."

What do you focus on when you are in a lull? I'm working on other ways to earn an income while we wait, and that means many balls in the air at once. I'm also using this time to get fit and trim so that when the spotlight is on me, I'll feel good about how I present myself and comfortable in my clothes.

When all else fails, I had a manager tell me once, "If there's time to lean, there's time to clean." And I've done my fair share of that over the last few months as well!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha! That was good!

    I think in lulls we should take the time to get things done around the house, focus on health for confidence and to keep the mind sharp. Then get ready for the next rush of stuff that's just around the corner! :-)

    You're doing just that and I'm right behind you! :-)

    Everything will come together at once and it's gonna be a blast Kathy!! Can you feeel it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you mention that, because yes, I just told Dave the same thing! I do feel the buzz...good things are brewing!

    You huff, and I'll puff, and together we'll blow them away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt in my mind you two could blow them away.....maybe it's just the hot air?

    eeewwwww I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete