Monday, May 11, 2009

The Downs...That Eventually Come.

Being an entrepreneur is hard work. Those of you who do this know the reality, you have successes, good news, people who cheer lead, and then there are all the other days.

I had one of the days that scare the hell out of most people, but to an entrepreneur, it's just one of "those" days. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the day when you realize how far out on the limb you really are. You take note of the interest rate and finance charges that are accruing while you're working your @#$ off trying to make the money flow the other way...back into your account. The unexpected things that happen in your personal life like your checking account being compromised...which of course means filing a police report, notifying the credit bureaus, closing the account, opening a new one, ordering new checks, new debit cards, re-entering all your bill pay and making sure everything is paid on time. Your family needs you to be happy, or at least reasonably so, and you just don't feel like it, but you smile anyway. When all of this, and more is on your shoulders, your world becomes very heavy.

For me, I'm an entrepreneur from my very core. There is just nothing else I can be happy doing. Here's what I know, no matter how long you've been on your own in business, these days are never easy. The truth is, the hardest part about having one, is admitting you're having it!

5 comments:

  1. Don't let it get you down Kathy.
    We all have those days, it is nice when we can get past them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell people that those bad days is what makes the good ones so great.

    In reality, I wish I never had those days to begin with. Leave the emotions at the door? Is this truly possible? nahhhhh...but like you, Kathy, I give it my best shot!

    I just try to keep to myself on those kind of days :-)

    I do, however, always tell myself it could be wores. You might not have discovered your account was compromised.

    You're doing a FABULOUS job! :-)

    Thanks for sharing your bad day. Some people think there's something wrong when they have them...this helps to show them it's normal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true...if it was easy, everyone would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u 4 your blog. I believe that when a crisis happens than something good is right around the corner. Cheers to great things happening soon! And, please next time u have a bad day, please call me. It would make my day to make your day better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care what anyone says, you people on the internet are not wierd! Laughing! Okay, yes you are and that's why I love each and every one of you. The reality is, we can make a date, meet, have a WONDERFUL time, and be as good a friends as we are right this very minute. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete