Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Holding Your Ground

I got my signed agreement from my manufacturer on Saturday and it wasn't right. The CEO sent the original agreement, not the one with my changes that he agreed to. I read it several times and thought to myself, should I just sign it and let it go? No! I picked up the phone and left a message that this is not the right agreement (contract) and asked that he sign and send the agreement with the changes.

By the end of the day on Monday, no communication. No call, no e-mail. Tuesday morning, still nothing. Tuesday afternoon I sent an e-mail with the amended contract and I highlighted the changes. The CEO replied immediately and apologized for the oversight. He said he would get it corrected and back out to me asap. I'm sure I've not done everything right, but I'm not going to go through anything with a half-hearted attitude. This is my business, my life, my future and all those "My's" are really My Family's. There is nothing more important to me than my family and their well being and security.

This is business and accountability is paramount. Do your part and hold your other part accountable. Everyone wins in the long run! Maybe the short run, too!

PS Happy Tax Day. To all my entreprenuer friends, here's looking forward to the day that we owe more in taxes than we've ever made in a year! Laughing!

1 comment: