Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here We Go Again!

So I blogged about holding my ground when my manufacturer sent over our agreement and it was not our final agreed upon draft. I was quite proud of myself for letting them know it needed to be corrected, rewritten, and sent again. As I write this, I find it funny that I would be proud of myself for doing good business. Crazy! Anyway, I got the new draft in the mail on Monday and guess what? It's exactly like the last draft, and the original one they proposed to me in the first place.

Is this intentional or could it really be that they made the same mistake twice? It's certainly possible, but my gut is telling me that I'm being tested. This time, I took some good advice and instead of calling them to bring this same issue to their attention, again, I simply put Post-Its where they need to make changes and mailed it back to them...in their SASE. I expect I'll either get a phone call explaining why they didn't really mean to agree to my terms, or they'll send the corrected agreement. If it's the latter, I'll gladly sign it and send it back. I wonder if they'll send another SASE?

5 comments:

  1. I guess you'll see what kind of a company you are dealing with when they send it back this time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Hopefully, it's the unusual circumstance that they really are that unorganized, or possibly not reading their own documents. Kind of scary either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably an honest mistake. Some people are just not that attentive to detail as others. My husband is one of them! This is probably one of those cases. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginelle, I love your optimism! I think it could just be that as well, but then I think about doing business with someone whose right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing!

    ReplyDelete