Friday, June 5, 2009

Being A Mom Always Comes First!

Have you ever had one of those days where you get up and think, Gotta lot to do today, let's get this ball rolling only to find out that what you are really going to be doing is taking care of a sick child? If you're a parent, you've been there!

Today I had a great day planned to get stuff done and start prepping for the work I can do over the summer months. Instead, I took Mason to the doctor with suspected strep throat. Lucky for all of us, it's not strep but he's still feeling under the weather, which means, he needs his mom.

At least when you work for yourself you don't have the pressure of someone else who may have the inclination to make your work life hard. Heck, you know what's not getting done, and now you have to make up the lost time somewhere. And you will, but it likely won't be when you can be comforting you little one.

Disclaimer: Mark, you heard me barking at Mason about not wanting to play Ben 10 Alien Force. Clearly, he was feeling better and didn't need my comforting, so I got back to work making him fend for himself! Yes, I love my son, but come on, I have work to do! Laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment